Guess who has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award 2014? If you guessed me, then you must be a genius! 😉 I am thrilled that my blog was nominated for this award by The Truth According To Maggie! Thanks, Maggie! And now it’s my turn to pass it on to a few blogs that I want to nominate. 🙂
Now to answering Maggie’s fantastic questions –
1. What made you want to blog? I first decided to blog because I became involved with the plus-size community on Tumblr and blogged about plus size clothes. After awhile, I lost interest and stopped being as active in that community. Just recently, I started getting more into makeup and wasn’t really sure what the best options for me were in terms of skincare and cosmetics, so I decided to try all that I could. Then, I decided it might be fun to take others along the ride with me. 🙂
2. How did you come up with your blog name? I’m not very original so I chose the first thing I thought of – Tosha’s Beauty Reviews. How creative!
3. Who inspires you? I’m inspired by women who have power positions. It’s nice to see women reach their full potential!
4. Last book you read? I’m currently in the process of reading a book that I’ll be reviewing on my blog at a later date!
5. Do you have any kids? I do not have any children, but I have four wonderful furbabies! Alex, Ivy, Otto, and Dime!
6. Favorite recipe? HA. I think I’d have to cook to have a favorite recipe! 😉 See picture –
7. What is your favorite quote? “If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.” When I was in graduate school, I was always stressed and terrified of not reaching my goals. Then I realized that’s fairly normal when you have big goals you are trying to reach. I actually got this quote as a tattoo…a constant reminder that my struggles are worth it.
8. Where did you grow up? I grew up in various small towns in Arkansas.
9. Favorite animal? My dogs! Although, have you ever seen a picture of a fennec fox? They are adorable!
10. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Honestly, I can’t think of anything? The first time I flew, I did it in an eight-person plane. That felt pretty crazy to me!
11. What is something about you people are surprised to learn? Often people are surprised to learn I have a Master’s Degree in Community Counseling and am a Licensed Associate Counselor. I’m 26 years old and, unfortunately, a lot of people assume less of me.
My blog nominations:
Anette Milligan at patienceisnotforme.blogspot.com
Angela Street at itsallabouttheaccessories.wordpress.com
Molly Mason at www.insomnostalgia.weebly.com
Sara Spears at http://beautynproducts.wordpress.com
Nick Donathan at notsotacticool.com
Frances Ella Foord at http://www.lizardsandtutus.wordpress.com
Elizabeth Towns at http://31daysearlyirise.com
Adrianne L. Brown-Payne at http://thatchristianlady4u.blogspot.com
Cheryl Debelis at http://Brilliantembers.wordpress.com
Shannon Paul at http://spaul418.wordpress.com
Carolyn Bunch at http://www.enamoredwithglamour.com
And on to my questions!
1. Who was your biggest role model growing up?
2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
3. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What is one goal that you currently have for yourself?
5. What is something that you could never leave the house without?
6. What’s your favorite kind of food?
7. What’s the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?
8. What are most people surprised to find out about you?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What field do you work in?
11. What would be your dream vacation?
Now, your turn to pay it forward, lovelies! 🙂